The National Cadet Corps (Hindi: राष्ट्रीय कैडेट कोर) is the Indian military cadet corps. It is open to school and college students on voluntary basis.
The National Cadet Corps in India is a voluntary organization which recruits cadets from high schools and colleges all over India. The Cadets are given basic military training in small arms and parades. The officers and cadets have no liability for active military service once they complete their course. The motto of NCC is एकता और अनुशासन (Unity and Discipline)
1. To develop qualities of Character, Courage, Comradeship, Discipline, Leadership, Secular Outlook, Spirit of Adventure and the ideals of Selfless Service amongst the Youth of the Country.
2. To Create a Human Resource of Organized, Trained and Motivated Youth, to Provide Leadership in all Walks of life and be Always Available for the Service of the Nation.
3. To Provide a Suitable Environment to Motivate the Youth to Take Up a Career in the Armed Forces
In the Army wing, cadets are trained by the representative of the Armed forces on the junior and senior level. They are seen as future officers or army personnel or possible reserve in the case of the national emergency.
In the Naval wing, cadets are trained as per the Naval rules and discipline on the senior as well as on junior level.They are also considered as a reserve in case of the national emergency.
In the Air Force wing, cadets are trained as per regulations and guidelines of the Air Force. Activities include flying (Glider and Power), aero modelling (static and flying), parasailing, etc.
|मैं प्रतिज्ञा करता/करती हूं कि मैं सचाई और क्ष्रधा से अपने देश की सेवा करूंगा/करूंगी तथा राष्ट्रीय कैडिट कोर्स के नियमों तथा अधिनयमों का पालन करूंगा/करूंगी । और अपने कमांडिंग ऑफिसर के आदेश के अनुसार हर परेड और हर कैम्प में पूरी शक्ति से सम्लित रंहूगा/रंहूगी ।|
I do hereby solemnly promise that I will serve my motherland most truly and loyally and that, I will abide by the rules and regulations of the National Cadet Corps. Further under the command and control of my commanding officer I will participate in every camp most sincerely and wholeheartedly.
BENEFITS FOR NCC CADETS
IN DEFENCE SERVICE :
• ARMY :- IMA Dehradun,64 vacancies every year through UPSC and SSB interview, OTA Chennai-100 vacancies every year for short service commission ( Non Tech.) no UPSC exam, only SSB interview.
• NAVY :- 06 vacancies per course. no UPSC exam, only SSB interview. Two years ago relaxation for NCC 'C' certificate holders.
• INDIAN AIR FORCE :- 10% in all courses including flying training course. no UPSC exam, only SSB interview.
• For ORs, Sailors, Airmen :- 5 To 10% bonus marks awarded for recruitment.
• PARA MILITARY FORCES : - 2 To 10 bonus marks awarded for recruitment.
• DEPARTMENT OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS :- Bonus marks awarded for recruitment.
• STATE GOVERNMENT :- Preference for state service in certain states.
• NCC :- Civilian gliding instructor/Girls instructor/whole time lady officers.
• INDUSTRY :- Many Industries give preference to NCC 'C' certificate holders for various jobs.
• NCC GAMES :- Cash awards to team and individuals for excellence.
Scholarship of Rs. 5000/-per annum to 500 deserving NCC Cadets who have excelled in academics. Award of Rs. 3000/- each to the best cadets and Rs. 2000/- each to the second best cadets in each group.
ANNUAL SAHARA SCHOLARSHIP :
Sahara Group of companies have formulated a scheme for granting Scholarship to cadets as under :-
* Rs. 5000/- each for 368 cadets of junior division/junior wing(JD/JW).
* Rs. 15000/- each for 386 cadets of senior division/senior wing(SD/SW).
* Rs. 40000/- each for 66 cadets for higher studies.
* All cadets are to apply through their respective NCC Unit/Wing.